Mentor A Team
FIRST Isn’t Just For Kids
Are you an adult who has a passion for robotics? FIRST programs are driven by the involvement of adults on every team. If you are interested in competitive robotics, we can match you with a team in your area.
As a Mentor or Coach of a FIRST team, you are, through the kids, the key ingredient in the success of your team. Your contribution to the success of FIRST programs and ultimately to the success of FIRST is immeasurable. The time, responsibility and expertise of a Mentor or Coach will vary but the one constant is that you are bringing something to your team that they need to learn, grow and succeed.
Who are FIRST Mentors and Coaches? Our team members say it best. A Mentor/Coach:
- Can be a person of any age, teaching others what they know
- Brings either technical or non technical expertise to the team
- Provides the opportunity for students to learn directly through experiences
- Begins as a teacher, evolves into a colleague
- Knows that Mentoring and Coaching is about inspiring and guiding
- Provides students the environment to succeed
- Is patient, supportive, enthusiastic, compassionate and available
- Remembers what’s important – it’s about the kids and they come first
If you’re interested in mentoring, please contact:
The mentorship program will be designed for a team of individuals from various professional organizations and Student associations… ie Education students, Engineering Students, Electronics Students… but is not limited to… this team will assist in answering questions, and providing insight into the 4 domains of each competition level:
The mandate of this program:
- Is to link knowledgeable experts from various fields with teams who register for AYRS robotic programs in ALBERTA. Some of these teams are in remote areas and have little access to support mechanisms – this will or may be their only support they receive.
- Increase amount of teams participating in our programs.
- Increase student interest and success in a potential future profession in the domains of Math, Science, Electronics, Engineering and Robotics!
- The benefit to companies that support this mentoring their employees will be doing will be recognized by a minimum of a bronze level support – based strictly on volunteer hours.